Friday, October 1, 2010

"Okay, you ready to get pizza?"

Believe it or not, this post will be describing the day that Trish asked me to be her "forever lady."  Yes, I said, "Forever lady."  In case you didn't know already, we are not exactly what some would call traditional.  Having said that, we had previously discussed how we both felt awkward at the idea of asking the other the all too traditional "Will you marry me?"  Hence, "Will you be my forever lady?" developed. 

Okay, back to the topic.  It was July 30th, the day before my birthday and honestly, I had been wondering if Trish would be proposing to me on my birthday.  I had an inkling that she had already purchased the ring about a week earlier, when we went to look at rings and the one I had picked out was no longer there.  But as said, it was Friday, July 30th and we made plans to have a nice, relaxing evening by picking up a pizza and renting a movie.  Interestingly enough to me though, was when she received a call and said she needed to go somewhere and then would be picking me up to go get the pizza.  I wondered if she was getting the ring, but by no means was I expecting her to ask me that night.  So she picked me up at home and we were on our way to pick up the pizza...and then she placed an envelop on my lap.   I am certain I looked at her with a confused look on my face as she told me to open it and to read the cards aloud.  There were 8 cards and each one had a question about us on them.  Fortunately, I got all of the answers about us right :)  Honestly, as I was reading and answering them, I felt an emotion come over me that I don't think I've ever experienced before.  I felt so incredibly happy...that feeling that everything had fallen into place like it should and of being so happy that I felt like crying.  Then I read the last card, which asked where we were when I traced the trapezius on her back (it's a large back muscle and apparently as we were getting to know one another, I was lame and tried to impress her with my random knowledge...yep you guessed it...I'm smooth like that)  As I read this, she pulled up along side Franklin Park and parked.  This is where I not only traced this muscle on her back, but is where we would meet and go for walks as we got to know one another.  When we got out of the car, we walked just as we had in the very beginning of what would become "us."  We walked to the center of park and at this point, Trish took my hand, and honestly I don't remember exactly what was said because I was overwhelmed with happiness, and asked me to be her forever lady as she placed the ring on my finger.  Of course I said yes and we hugged and sat on the bench for a bit while I admired the beautiful bling on my finger...I never thought I'd be so excited about bling :)  Honestly though, I couldn't be happier. 

Here's a picture of the ring...

No comments:

Post a Comment