Monday, November 22, 2010

Losing Weight is for the Birds!

Trying to lose weight is bogus.  Completely bogus, if you ask  me.  Well, that's not entirely true - because if I really thought that, I wouldn't be busting my butt at the gym 6 out of 7 days a week.  Want to know what that gym time is doing for me lately?  Nada.  Well, that's not entirely true either - I've actually gained 2 pounds in the last week or so.  My workouts have increased and are probably more intense....and I gained freaking weight.  Now, I'll admit that I haven't followed the diet to a freaking "T" every day....but my eating hasn't been that atrocious either.  I mean, I passed up free food last week when my dad was in town.  He probably thought hell froze over with one of his kids passing up something free.  Beyond that - I've been running.....I ran a mile on the treadmill 4 days in a row last week - and 5 out of the 7 days.  Want to know the last time I ran a mile?  High school.  You know, back when I was skinny.  So, I'm thankful that I've reached the point that I can do it - and I am proud of that.  Really.  I mean - it's no marathon or 5k or anything like that, that my real running friends partake in....but it's a pretty big deal for me.  Those miles though....they're not making the scale go down.  Ugh.  There is actually good news to all of this....I've lost 6% body fat since the second week of September.  That's not too shabby.  I guess something is working.  But, while I won't stop what I'm doing....I'm tired of it all.  I'd like that genie in a magic lamp to work her magic and grant me a few free wishes.  I know what I'd wish for and everything.  Please?

2 comments:

  1. Lady bird - hang in there. It sucks getting advice or comments about this particular topic, but I am encouraging you to keep going. One day at a time. One meal at a time. One work out at a time. You have progress, just not the type that signifies success to you. But you are succeeding! Changing habits is hard. You are made of tough stuff, and you are doing hard work. Don't count yourself short.

    You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this. You're right - it's not a "comfortable" topic and not one I particularly love. But, I appreciate you, your response and support. I know it will happen....I just wish it would hurry up already! :)

    ReplyDelete