Saturday, March 12, 2011

Surprise!!!

Crissy woke up early this morning and is spending her Saturday in an LCSW review course.  Why, you ask, would she want to sit listening to a recap of all of grad school from 8am to 5pm on a Saturday?  Because she wants to be cool like me.  Seriously.  Okay, so it has nothing to do with me...but she does want to pass her LCSW exam this fall/winter.  So, she's doing this class thing all day.  Which leaves me with a whole day to do whatever I want.  :-)  But, instead of doing something really entertaining, relaxing, or otherwise atypical....I cleaned up and "created" Crissy's art room in the basement.  See, when we first moved into the house in May, she was really excited because there was this whole framed room in the basement that we wouldn't be using.  So, she claimed it as her own to become her art room.  It has great sunlight, despite only having one small basement window.  And, a non-carpteted floor, which we figured was ideal in case paint spilled.  But, here's the thing - it has sat down there practically unused (with the exception of a few art projects I've done in the meantime), gathering dead bugs (ewww. and yuck), and sitting with things cluttered and exactly the way they were when we first moved in.

I don't have before pictures...use your imagination.  Imagine clutter, dead bugs and nothing screaming "paint me!!!"  So, here are the after pictures of various corners of the room:

So, now her art room allows her to show off some stuff she's done in the past, plus have plenty of organized space to create new stuff.  I hope she loves it...and that she finishes that giant blue painting for me one of these days.  :)


And, now I'm off to join her for lunch and scour through thrift stores for mason jars and other wedding goodies we might need.  Happy Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment