Monday, May 9, 2011

Fun Stuff

Crissy and I definitely want a classy event.  There's really no doubt about that.  But, we also really want people to have fun.  Lots and lots of fun.

I mean, what else says fun, than something like glow sticks?!?!
See?  Fun!
And, neatly arranged before people grab them
One of the reasons I really like them, though?  They could be used to help light the way back to people's cars (or tents) at the end of the night.  I mean, I know they're not a flashlight....but they might help.  Humor me, here.  It will make people safer, I'm sure.

OMG!!! It wasn't my plan to post yet another picture of a gorgeous backyard in this post, but when you find one.....well, you just have to post it.  It's that simple.  Check it out:
Dad and Bill - I hope you're taking notes.  I'm not really sure how to make that happen...but there must be a way.  And, it will be gorgeous.  :-)  And, I'll buy you a drink that day as a token of my appreciation....hahaha...

More fun stuff?  The idea of a one-man piano show.  Think dueling pianos...but, well, not dueling.  We're not really committed to this one yet, but we know it would be fun.  Thanks, Bill, for adding more to the "dream" budget.  :-)  I can always count on you to spend more money.  Really, though, we'd love it.  We're just not sure we're going to have the money to spend.  So, you'll have to actually show up to find out if we have live entertainment or the ever-so-trusty iPod entertainment.  You'll love it and dance either way.  Guar.an.teed.  I'm not kidding.  You WILL dance.

We've already shared that people can camp out at my parent's house in the yard if they want to.  Or, maybe we haven't.  Maybe I was saving that for its own post.  Who knows.  But, the deal is:  if you can't pay for a hotel room, love camping, or just don't think you'll be able to walk at the end of the night....my parents have a large yard that you can put a tent in to sleep off your drunk in.  Just don't puke in the pool.  Or be too loud.  Or leave gross bathroom-like-remnants in the yard.  There, those are the rules.  For now.
I figure the backyard will look something like this
It seems like somewhere along the way Crissy and I channeled our inner hippies...with the whole camping, burlap, recycled bottles, glow sticks, and such.  But, we're really excited about it.  Plus, Crissy has always claimed she has an inner hippy.

Another fun idea?  Owl cake toppers.  Crissy loves owls.  I think they're pretty cute, too....but I'm not nearly as obsessed as she is.  But, owl cake toppers at one of our events would be pretty swell.  These are from Claylicious on Etsy (of course).  One in the "grape purple" and "robins egg" would be super cute together, don't you think? 

Napkin rings/napkin holders.  Yes. I'm serious right now.  I don't know that we're actually doing any of these things, but check 'em out:




And, then, I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this:

Source
Thanks to the site for that lovely little wooden inspiration board, I think we just found a wine box for the wine ceremony.  :-)
They have so many things!!!


Ok.  I think I need to stop.  But, seriously....there will be loads of fun stuff.  Or, well, let me rephrase.  There will be loads of stuff that I (we) think is (are) fun.  :-)

I've thought of having things like ladderball (or whatever other people call it) and bags.....but then, I fear people wouldn't dance with us.  We want dancing.


Tempting, though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment