Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy ________________ Day!!!


You know, most people have things like "Happy Mother's Day" posts....us?  We're having a "Happy (fill in the blank) Day" post.  Why?  Well, because we're not normal, I guess.

I mean, we have moms....but we have more than that.  And, May 8, 2011 was more than just a day for moms.  So, here we go:

Happy {Grand}Mother's Day!

To our grandmothers, we say "You're swell."  Thanks for your love and support and just being "grandmas."  You know who you are.  :-)

Happy Mother's Day, Ladonna!

This would probably be more touching if it were actually written by your daughter, so it will have to do from me.  Thanks for everything you do for us, for your love, support, and concern.  Even when that concern is over a measly little cough.  :-)  But, seriously - we're both thankful for you.  And, thanks for letting me invade your house once a week like I live there.

Happy My Linda Day!

I don't like the term "stepmom" or "stepmother" or anything of the sort.  And, I've just not come up with anything else to call Linda...but she does often get referred to as "My Linda," so this one's for her.  :-)  Even though you decided to bail on Mother's Day and spend a week in Mexico with dad, I hope your Mother's Day was fantastic.  Though, I'm sure it was something near tragic without us kids around.  In all honesty, thank you for being you.  Thank you for being such a fantastic woman in my life and a wonderful role model.  Thank you for your love - and your support.

Happy Mother's Day!!
This could get real sappy, so I'll spare you all.  But, it was Mother's Day yesterday....which means my mother, while she's no longer here to be celebrated in person, was certainly thought of.  I miss her a whole heck of a lot.  But, I was lucky to have her for as long as I did.  So, Happy Mother's Day to you, Mom. 
Happy Kristy Day!!!

Nope, Kristy isn't a mom.  But, it was her birthday yesterday!!!  Which means she gets celebrated, too.  Birthdays are just as cool as things like days celebrating parents.  And, yesterday was all hers.  :-)  So, to my bff - thanks for being you, for being great and supportive.


This is sad that this is the only picture I readily saw of the 3 of us.  We need more!
Sooooo....to all of the moms, the Kristy's, the birthday people, the soon-to-be-moms, the new-moms, the wannabe-moms, and every other person celebrated yesterday.....I hope your day was as fantastic as possible and that at least one person celebrated your greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment