Here are some updates:
- We bought my necklaces for the wedding last weekend. I'm SOOO excited to get to wear them - and to see them with my dress when it finally gets in. I'm going for the whole layered necklace look....and it's absolutely not traditional for a wedding. But, I LOVE it! I had found a necklace on Etsy that I loved and it served as the inspiration...
- We are slowly acquiring more mason jars. Seriously, I should have taken a picture of all of them sitting out in Crissy's office at home. We still need a ton more - but there's a decent amount of floor space that has been taken over by mason jars. :)
- We've been on the hunt for affordable drink dispensers for a while now. Originally, we were going to continue to use wine bottles for water, as well as the cranberry and vodka...until we realized how many MORE wine bottles that would require us to prepare. So, drink dispensers it is. We found a couple at Gordman's and with my handy dandy coupons, they were each only about $16 AND 3 gallon size AND glass not plastic. Seriously, for drink dispensers....that's exciting! So, with them being glass, they're a bit more consistent with the whole feel of the wedding (you know, the mason jars, wine bottles, etc...)
- A date was finally picked for the bridal shower and bachelorette party - August 6. You know you want to come party with us.
- And, to appease the people who have asked if we're registering - and for those people in our families who we know will want a registry - we registered last weekend. It took Crissy some warming up to the idea....I'm not sure she saw the "fun" in it until we were actually doing it. But, it was a lot of fun to walk around and pick out things we either need, want, or need to replace.
- Ribbon wands are "almost" all made. I think we have about 55-60 made currently - which means only another 20 or so to make. Hooray!!! I love finishing projects!
- We received all of the stuff we need to make the invitations (except some pretty scalloped/bracket shaped labels that I'm still on the hunt for. Ariel found me some lovely ones, but they're a smidge more than we want to spend....so, I'm still searching!)
- Clare started to handwrite the invitation so we can figure out exactly how it will be worded, angled and written. She's awesome. Seriously....just wait until you see her fancy writing on the invitation you receive. You'll be jealous your handwriting doesn't look like that. Well, unless it does....and then kudos to you too! :)
- A few new tabs will be added to the top of the blog soon....so you should check them out if you want answers to FAQs (aka things you just might want to know) or if you have a burning desire to buy us a present. Which, by the way, is not required, mandated, necessary, or otherwise an expectation. We just want to have fun on our wedding day.
- There are probably 8 million other updates, but I'm blanking on them right now. So, instead I'll leave you with this adorable burlap bunting that really may have adorn our sweets table....but perhaps with the phrase "Love Is Sweet" instead. It would be super easy to make. :)
Oh, and ps - the wedding is 71 days from today. That's INSANE!!! There's still kind of a lot to do. Good thing Crissy and I don't have major plans for the weekend....maybe we can get some stuff done! Can't wait for you all to help us celebrate!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment