Sunday, August 29, 2010

For real?!?!

It seems only appropriate that we each write about our own "proposals."  I don't know how other same sex couples do things, with regard to rings and proposals and what-not....but I do know that Crissy and I both are pretty girly....which means we both wanted rings and our own proposals.  So, we picked out our own rings and then each took the time to figure out the "when" and "how" to "propose" to the other.  I put propose in quotation marks because we weren't exactly traditional in that whole "Will you Marry Me?" thing - but they were proposals nonetheless.

My version of Crissy's proposal to me is probably way less detailed than hers would be of me to her - and probably even less detailed than her description of my own proposal.  Because, what I remember is asking "For real?!?!" about a hundred times.  Ok, that might be an exaggeration - but I did ask it several times in a row.  So, here's the story of how Crissy proposed to me:

On Friday, August 13, 2010, my dear brother called me on my way home to work to ask if I wanted free tickets to see the Black Eyed Peas in St. Louis for the following night.  My response was a resounding "hell yes!!!"  Actually, I didn't say that at all (I don't think), but I did tell him that I'd make sure Crissy was good with that and call him back once I was home.  See, Crissy had made a commitment to go to a family reunion on Saturday the 14th.  She had agreed a long time ago that if I managed to win free tickets to BEP, then we could go and she would skip the reunion.  So, when my brother called - I figured this was just the same, right?  Well, because Crissy loves me lots - and possibly because it was like 106 degrees in the shade that weekend - she skipped the reunion and we headed to StL on Saturday.  Mind you, she kept repeating "tonight's going to be a good night" throughout the day, but she's kind of weird - so I just thought she was quoting the song for fun.

So, we get to the concert (which featured TPain opening - hooray!) and enjoy ourselves completely.  It was tons of fun - I mean, how could it not be when it includes Black Eyed Peas?!?!  Plus, it was free - that makes it pretty darn good, too.  

Let's fast forward to "I Gotta Feeling."  So, the BEP's are doing their thing and I'm rocking out, dancing in my limited seating area....and Crissy leans over to tell me how much she loves me.  Well, I figure she's just being cheesy and overly mushy - so I tell her I love her, too - but then proceed rocking out.  So, she pulled me in again and again told me how much she loves me.  She then asked if I would be her "forever lady."  At this point, I was pretty sure she must be full of it.  I never in a million years thought she would give me the ring that night - sure, if she had bought tickets, I would have assumed so.  But, we got tickets for free - and I knew there was no way she could have actually picked up the ring from the jeweler (she wasn't sneaky enough to keep the fact she bought it from me).  So, after she asked....I just kept repeating "For real? Like for real, for real?!?!"  I then asked her to show me the ring.  Yes, I am that doubty.  Well, once I saw the ring was really in the box - I certainly said yes, admired me new ring, and continued rocking out to the BEP's.

Following the show, I had a million questions for Crissy - like how she managed to get the ring without having to "run errands" or something.  So, thanks to my beloved bff, Kristy, who picked up the ring for Crissy and snuck it into our house that Saturday while Crissy and I were getting ready to leave for StL - I got my ring.  :)  Here's a pic, just in case you haven't seen it - or you want to admire it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment