Saturday, August 28, 2010

Serendipity

Serendipity: a fortunate accident

If you know me (Trish) at all, then you know that Serendipity is my all time favorite movie.  As in, I could watch it a million times and never get sick of it.  In fact, I probably have (ok, well that might be a slight exaggeration).  I could spend a whole post writing about my favorite parts of the movie, but all in all, it boils down to the way the title of the movie is defined by the main character - a fortunate accident.

This all leads me to this blog and to Crissy.  You may have thrown up a little in your mouth when you read the blog title....we did, too.  But, it makes sense.  We are serendipitous soulmates.  We met by chance; it was a fortunate accident, if you will....and we have become soulmates.  I, for one, can't imagine someone better suited for me than Crissy.  If you'd like to know the full cheesy (aka barfy) story of the serendipitous-ness of "us," then please keep reading.  If not, well then, go have a glass of wine.  :)

I saw her in 2005 at the B.  Mind you, I may believe in fate, soulmates, destiny, etc....but I am not really a believer in love at first sight.  But, she was there - and forever became known as the "pink shirt girl."  Prior to this, I had never once looked at a girl and thought that I wished I could meet her or talk to her....it just wasn't me.  But, there she was - the pink shirt girl.  And, she seemed to know my bff, Kristy.  So, long story short - Kristy arranged a "meeting" at her house several months later.  Crissy and I weren't friends at first and only occasionally ran into each other - until she needed a ride home from the Coffeehouse and Kristy asked if I could do it, instead of her.  So, I pick Crissy up - only to find out that she lives behind me.  Coincidence? Maybe.  Destiny? Perhaps. From that point, we slowly began talking more and more....which eventually turned into our relationship.  Don't get me wrong - we've had our ups and downs, but in the end - it's all come back to the other.  And, now that we're more than four years past the first start of our relationship - I still believe that very "fortunate accident" of seeing her at the B, her being a friend of Kristy's, etc....is one of the best things that's happened to me.


Okay, this has been far too cheesy for possibly even me....but, welcome to the cheesy-ness of "us."

p.s. the definition above is not a Webster's definition, but instead is the one offered to John Cusack by Kate Beckinsale in Serendipity when she's describing to him why Serendipity (the ice cream shop) is one of her favorite places.

No comments:

Post a Comment