Thursday, September 9, 2010

shhh....

Today is Day #4 of our new diet and we've made it so far.  We survived the typical Wednesday night/pizza night/Crissy-doesn't-cook-night and the crankiness that ensued....and we're sticking with it!  We've even managed to have some really good, new, low-fat and very healthy meals out of it all.  Like tonight, I made this pasta dish with some tomato/carrot/spinach pasta, a bunch of veggies and a low-fat sauce.  But, Crissy won't allow me to talk about what's in said sauce.  She knows, but it contains a food that she despises....so, shhh.....

With that, the scale was finally encountered this morning...by me only, of course.  Crissy doesn't do scales.  Thanks to my friend who happens to also be a personal trainer, I started a new workout routine this morning.  Needless to say, she's pretty great.  I'll disregard the fact that I think she enjoys torturing me and instead focus on the fact that she's helping me get in shape and be happier with me along the way.  So.....I will not be posting what the scale said (you must think I'm crazy if you thought I would).  But....I will announce the goal.  I figure stating it surely has to keep me more accountable.  Because if I keep it to myself and don't follow through, no one knows - but if I say it out loud and don't follow through - then you'll all look at me next fall and wonder if I was sneaking Hostess Cupcakes into my whole wheat pasta dishes, when you see me no different than now.  So....(this is where some type of musical interlude would be nice....alas).....my goal is to lose 65 pounds.  This is by far the healthiest goal or thought I've probably had about my weight or weight loss in 20 years.  It's not my long-term goal, but it's enough to make me know I'd be happy with myself on my wedding day.  That's what is important.

And, because no post would be complete without something wedding related - I love looking at wedding flowers.  Our colors are green and brown (a color scheme will be posted at some point, I'm sure) - which means we are either limited in our flower choices or we can select nearly anything we want.  We've talked a lot about having mostly green flowers/herbs/plants, though to keep with the color theme and to be more consistent with the whole outdoor feel of things.  But, I really like these because they just scream outdoors and fall:

But, I also like these - I mean, they're so simple (and are more consistent with the green thing):


And, in yet other news - we sent out the engagement celebration invites last night!  Hooray!!!  It's been exciting to see people respond who will be there - we can't wait to celebrate with you all, share our excitement and give you all save-the-dates and this blog info.  :)

p.s. - Crissy says she'll write her post some day soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment