Friday, February 25, 2011

My friend, Emily

I'll preface this post with the fact that my dear friend, Emily, has no idea that I'll be writing anything about her.  Typically, I only reference her with regard to her craft skills or hoping she'll help with something.  But, instead of just posting some additional pics and sending a shout out to thank Emily for finding my missing dress, I decided she warrants her own post.  :)  Which I then realize means all of the other wonderful women (friends) in our lives probably should have their own, too.  One day, ladies....one day.

This is a pic of my friends from college (taken somewhere around a year ago), who have been amazing and continue to be some very important women in my life:

Emily is the adorable pregnant one on the left in the purple
You see, Emily is great for a variety of reasons.  The biggest reason is probably her heart and very kind, generous spirit - and overall spunk.  Beyond that, sometimes I think we're pretty darn close to being the same person (with a few big exceptions - but, still).  Emily is very detail oriented, somewhat perfectionistic, crafty and definitely girly.  As crafty and creative as I always knew Emily was in college, she has blossomed into an even more wonderfully crafty and creative creature as an adult (I can say that since I'm older than she is).  :)  Emily blogs about beautiful showers she's thrown for friends having babies, homemade fabric flowers she whips up on a whim - not to mention all of the fun, DIY things she did for her own wedding several years ago.  So, I have called upon Emily to help with some wedding tasks - because I know she'll do it wonderfully and beautifully, and save my sanity.  For that, I'm incredibly grateful.

To add to Emily's list of talents, we can add "missing wedding dress finder."  Seriously.  I don't know how she did it.  In a mere two hours or less of me posting that I couldn't find the "Pretty Pink One," she had found a link for me.  While that link may be to a place that makes replicas, it gave me the info I need for the actual designer.  She's one talented lady, I tell you.  Because as much as I loved the front of the dress - check out the back:


And, check out the detailing on the top part:



So, a big thanks to you, Emily, for helping me find this dress so I can at least try it on.  I mean, it might make me look like an oompa loompa with the big full skirt, but I at least want to see....it's just so pretty.  And, pink.

1 comment:

  1. *completely blushing* Aww thanks sweetie! So glad I could help. And I LOVE the back too!

    ReplyDelete