I try not to wear my cranky pants very often. I mean, if you know me, you know they come out sometimes. You also have figured out by now that when they do, they are for real CRANKY pants. Lots of things can contribute to cranky pants. And, I'm not the only one who gets them. For some people they might look more like they're wearing "sensy slippers," but nonetheless....cranky pants happen. And, man it sucks when they do.
As great as some things have been this weekend (Sugar Creek Arts Festival, time with friends, baby shower for Amanda and Doug, etc...) - my cranky pants are on BIG TIME right now. I mean, we went for our first dress fitting yesterday morning. Yay.....but Cranky Pants reason #1. Both Crissy and I spending about $150 each to alter our dresses. Ugh. And, it just wasn't money we thought we'd have to spend up front right now. We thought it wouldn't be due until the alterations were done.
You know those lovely blush colored high wedges in one of my recent posts? Yeah, they're not really comfortable. I wore them for about a whole whopping 15 minutes during my dress fitting so the height was right....but they hurt my feet. This wasn't initially a cranky pants reason....but it became one today when I checked out the sale room at Von Maur for some of their options. One, wedges either suck and aren't that great looking. Or, the ones they have don't fit my feet. Beyond that, I don't like wedges. Honestly, they're so not my favorite shoe at all. I love heels. Love them. I just want to wear heels....not stupid wedges. The only wedges I liked today were these:
They're pretty cute on, really. But, they're super slippery on the bottom. And, they're made by Paris Hilton. Ugh. I don't want to support her. They don't exactly scream bridal. And, I'd love to think I'd wear with them with lots of other things - but again, I just don't love wedges. But, after trying on all of these stupid wedges today....my cranky pants came on again. So, cranky pants reason #2.
It's hot out. I mean, that's not a shocker to anyone. But, today's heat makes me cranky for some reason. Reason #3.
Sometimes wedding stuff makes me cranky. It's not that I don't want to get married. It's that I don't want to stress about things. Some days it's just so darn tempting to have a cookout and tell people if they want to come, they can. No biggie. But, then there are all of these pretty things sitting taking up space in our house...and man will it all look pretty. And, it's what we want. Really, it is. Today I feel cranky, though.
I HATE having to stay in Farmersville all week, every week. No offense to Crissy's parents - because it has nothing to do with them. In reality, they take really nice care of me each week when I'm there. It's just not home. Crissy's not there. I live out of a suitcase ALL the time - there and at home now. And, I'm just tired of it. I really can't wait for wedding expenses to be over so that our extra money can be used for gasoline in my car to get me home more often. Today, this makes me ULTRA cranky.
We have lots of wedding tasks to do, lunches to pack, and my clothing packing to do for the week. I don't want to make lunches or pack my clothes. I don't want to do laundry. I don't mind the wedding tasks....in fact, I really wish we could just sit down, have dinner and enjoy the evening making some of the other things for the wedding. But stupid packing has to happen too. Ugh.
Today I just feel like this:
Sorry for my ranting, rambling post. But, now I need to go pout and do laundry. :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment