Sunday, July 3, 2011

For the love of shoes

Do you know how hard it is to find a great pair of wedding shoes?  No?  Well, to complicate it further, Crissy and I decided we wanted/needed wedges for wedding shoes.  Not because we particularly love wedges.  Not because we found a pair we loved.  But, because it seemed like the practical thing to do.  You see, with a wedding and reception on grass...heels seemed impractical.  Which caused a lot of crying on my part.  I LOVE heels.  Gorgeous, impractical, lovely, tall, heels.  Like these:

Oh, how I wish I could justify these shoes.  I mean, I could justify them....just not for the wedding.  So, that leaves us with practical....which sometimes translates to not as fun.  Crissy's dress requires (or so she says) shoes that "go" with the dress more.  Mine?  Mine absolutely allows me to wear things like I normally would - loads of necklaces and "more" fun shoes.  I've done A LOT of searching for shoes.  A LOT.  But, when it came down to ordering them -I just couldn't spend extra money on shoes.  This is pretty tragic, really.  Well, at least if you know me.  I wanted to spend the $70 on this great pair with a row of organza flowers up the front with lovely straps all over the place.  And, really....$70 isn't that much.  But, for us....right now....that's a lot.  So, frugal it is.  And these are our wedding shoe selections:

Crissy's shoes (found on www.endless.com)
My shoes  (found at, you guessed it....Target)
Now, what you may or may not be thinking to yourself right now is....."Um, aren't these shoes just going to further emphasize Crissy's midge status?"  And, the answer is yes.  Of course.  Crissy will appear just as short as usual on our wedding day.  I know some brides refuse to wear heels on their wedding day so that their height is more similar to their groom's; however, I see a few things with this that I just can't get on board with.  1.  That whole groom thing.  That doesn't apply.  2.  Crissy is, and will always be, shorter than me.  Always.  3.  I love heels.  So, if I can't have some rockin' heels like I posted, I might as well be able have the extra heigh from these. Until, you know, several hours into the whole deal when they come off - as is typical for me.

You'll know it's a good party if my shoes are off at the end of the night.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Those green shoes are DROOL WORTHY!!! Where did you find those??

    ReplyDelete