Saturday, January 15, 2011

Centerpieces

Up until moments ago, I've had it in my head that Crissy and I would have fresh flower centerpieces at our wedding/reception.  I love flowers.  And, I'm a firm believer in fresh flowers at weddings (no offense to those people who go with something other than this).  While I once upon a time yearned for towering formal centerpieces with cascading flowers, I have much smaller and realistic expectations these days.  You know what?  Those expectations also fit me much better (not to mention our budget).  So, something like this is what I've had in mind for the tables where people will be eating, drinking, chatting and enjoying the evening of our wedding:

source
That was, of course, until I stumbled upon something so much better.  I think perhaps more than flowers, I love candles.  Lots and lots of candles.  The idea of postponing the wedding to just a smidge later in the evening to make it at sunset so it could be more candlelit would make me thrilled....but then I just would have to worry all too much about lighting.  And, me worrying more isn't exactly on the agenda.  Plus, we'd hate to have anyone starve by waiting too long.  Enough about that....onto the picture that changed my centerpiece vision.  Here it is in all of it's beautiful candlelit glory.


Isn't it beautiful?  Can't you just see yourself sitting there in one of those chairs enjoying one of our tasty beverages (also in a mason jar) and preparing yourselves to dance to your heart's content?  I think Crissy and I need to start revisiting the thrift stores in town and stockpiling mason jars.  I KNOW we don't have enough after seeing this....

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea!!!!!

    Make sure you go to the neighborhood thrift store and the mission mart; they'll have heaps o jars.

    ReplyDelete