Do you ever have one of those moments where you feel like you're moving along in the right direction, without questioning any of the choices...and then wham! You're faced with a fork in the road. Literally or figuratively - whatever. Either result in a decision to be made.
Okay, so this may not be the most thought-provoking blog post - or the most significant, but it's definitely one that causes thought on my part. Remember a while ago when I posted about being frugal? Well, I've really been trying to stick to that. You see, I've been perfectly content with skimping on some things (no worries - those things don't include food or alcohol). Even this past weekend when Crissy and I were celebrating my dad's installation thing, I pushed her to be more frugal than she was starting to think. My parents hired a (pretty great, honestly) band to play for my dad's event and it got us thinking, "Man, a band would really be nice for a few hours before we turn on the iPod to shake our booties to." But, then I reminded Crissy that that money could really be used elsewhere. This frugal thing has really sunk in. I've even been saving my reimbursement checks for the past month to be able to pay off another bill that needs taken care of. That means I've been living off of just my income. Crazy!
Long, rambling story shorter....I got an email today. From David's Bridal. I don't normally open these - because they're typically "$99 dress sale" kind of emails (with not so hot $99 dresses). Today's subject line was far different. It announced the preview of a new line of dresses.....White by Vera Wang. Yes, you read it correctly - Vera Wang is doing a line for David's Bridal. This may not mean anything to some of you (or, really - lots of you). But, imagine something you love for $6,000 and someone telling you that you'd be able to get a version of it for around $1,000. Pretty great, huh? Well, that's what this is like. Vera Wang dresses are insanely expensive. And, as my cousin Karen noted - she's pretty sure you have to sell a kidney to be able to buy one. Well, I think I need both kidneys - so no "real" Vera Wang dress for me. However, it's much harder to turn down a $1,200 dress. Even though this is about 6 times what I wanted to spend. You see - I know that $1,200 is perfectly in line with lots of dresses. But, I also know that this is a whole lot of money.
But, check it out. I mean, really, check it out:
I think what I love the most is the bottoms of most of her dresses. They're just so fluffy, for lack of a better word. I don't think I've seen other dresses like them. I love them. And, I love this one. This is the dress that has made me doubt my budget and frugality. I L.O.V.E. IT!!!
Would you splurge on the budget for an amazing dress like this????


I love this! And yes, in the past I have busted my budget for something I really wanted. I hate to be a downer, but most of the time I made that choice I felt the dreaded buyer's remorse. I think a wedding dress is a unique opportunity, so perhaps it is the perfect time to get the exactly thing you want. But Trish, you won't need this dress to be beautiful. It will be amazing whatever your choice.
ReplyDelete