We've talked about cupcakes - which I've decided today that I may just make myself. One flavor will be carrot with cream cheese frosting. Crissy and I have talked about little ways we can honor my mom and one of those ways will be carrot cupcakes. I remember carrot cake and my request for birthday treats were often carrot cookies. I might also have to enlist the help of my friend, Audrey, to make some fancy icing swirly things like this:
Audrey makes her own cupcakes - and they're pretty wonderful, with a variety of unique flavors to choose from. We're looking to save money, so Crissy and I probably aren't likely to pay for someone else to make cupcakes when I could do it myself....but if you want to check out Audrey's cupcakes, you can order through Etsy (and she'll ship!).
I've also shared with Crissy that I think small tarts would be ideal, too - to add something "non-cake" to the assortment. I, personally, LOVE lemon - so it seems only natural that we would offer a lemon tart with berries on top like this one:
I'm sure we'll also do things like gluten-free brownies for all of our celiac friends. And, I perused the Jelly Belly website this morning to check out their flavors in greens, browns and a peacock color. I'm pretty sure we're going to have to have some margarita, mojito and Dr. Pepper flavored jelly beans, too. Plus, they just make tables look so pretty when they're in glass jars of various heights like this table:
Check out these other ideas I've found today, too:
![]() |
| Marshmallows dipped in chocolate and sprinkles |
![]() |
| Oreos dipped in chocolate |
![]() |
| Rock candy - that's just fun and kind of glittery :) |







No comments:
Post a Comment