Friday, December 3, 2010

Drooling for Duvets

As Crissy would say, when I get an idea in my head about something I want.....I want it yesterday.  Patience is not one of my virtues (though it's better than it used to be).  And, when I get one of these ideas, well, I might become a little obsessive with looking for ways to make it happen.  The current "idea:"  new bedding.  Ever since Crissy and I stayed at the B&B in Andersonville with a bed so cozy it made you never want to leave, I've been trying to figure out how to make ours into something like that.  So, I've been looking at new comforters like crazy - and then finally decided a down alternative comforter and duvet cover was the perfect solution.  Because this clearly won't be the last time I change my mind about how I want our bedroom decorated.  While spending some time at Target tonight to pick up tissue paper, I decided to peruse the bedding.  You might be wondering if the bedding is near the tissue paper....well, it's not.  But bedding is way more exciting than tissue paper.  While there, I stumbled upon this:
And then, of course, a coordinating throw to casually toss at the foot of the bed:
Check out the whole look with contrasting shams:
And, I found this fantastic pillow to add to it, which goes great with the blues and greens in our room already.  Trust me - I took the duvet cover around with the throw, shams and this pillow:
Have I mentioned lately how much I wish we had more money? 

No comments:

Post a Comment